Shook to the Coral
Colour Pop Shook to the Coral Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a brighter, light-medium orange with strong, warm undertones and flecks of gold sparkle over a satin finish. It had medium, buildable color coverage, which was actually more in line with how the formula is marketed than it usually is (often “too” pigmented compared to claims!).
The texture was soft, lightly powdery in the pan, but the product applied well to bare skin and diffused readily along the edges. The only issue I had was that the larger gold sparkles didn’t combine well with the powder, so they sat on top of my skin visibly and didn’t spread evenly… just a random smattering of gold sparkle–pretty in the pan but pretty worthless applied. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Bounty (LE, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Fame (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (Blush) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Viseart Coral #1 (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Slay Bells (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bonus (DC, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Zip (LE, $10.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Cali Dream (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Miami (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Luster (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$10.00/0.13 oz. - $76.92 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate , zinc stearate, distarch phosphate , hydrolyzed theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate , quercetin, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492), mica (ci 77019), red 40 lake (ci 16035), red 6 lake (ci 15850), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140).