Coast to Coast
Colour Pop Coast to Coast Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark rosy mauve with neutral-to-warm undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation in a single layer–a little more advertised but unlikely to be a big deal-breaker for most–that applied fairly evenly and blended out without too much effort. The texture was soft, somewhat powdery, so I’d recommend using a lighter hand when picking up product initially.
I find that ColourPop’s very matte blushes are more foolproof applied over a matte base or lightly-powdered skin as it can sometimes cling or darken over bare skin. The color stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Stila Dusty Rose (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Main Squeeze (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Vogue (LE, $10.00) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Time Stops (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Birthday Suit (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Why, Hello (P, $10.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Empower (LE, $9.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Rose Baiser (361) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Chai (P, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Buxom Havana (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
$10.00/0.13 oz. - $76.92 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.