ColourPop Boujee Call Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light gold with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It appeared a lot darker and more peach-toned in the pan but all I could see swatched and applied to my cheeks was gold. The texture had a smooth, moderately firm feel to it, and it took a heavier hand to get product onto my brush (or alternatively, use a denser brush). I had no trouble diffusing or blending out the edges of the highlighter on my skin, though, and there was no excess product kicked up in the pan as it was denser. It had good pigmentation, which was buildable to full coverage with a second layer but easily worn at sheerer coverage if desired. On me, the highlighter stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Hourglass Hypnotic Strobe Light (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, more muted (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Luna (LE, $68.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Highlight) (PiP, ) is lighter, better quality (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Reflects Gilt (LE, $50.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Hourglass Champagne Flash (P, $42.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Champagne (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mean Money (PiP, $36.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Earth (LE, $6.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Authentic (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
BORON NITRIDE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.