ColourPop Bae Area Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a rich, medium copper with warm, brown undertones and a golden, metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented and had a smooth, almost cream-like texture that was incredibly blendable and easy to apply to the skin. The high-shine finish seemed to emphasize my skin’s texture a bit at medium or greater coverage, though. On me, it wore well for eight and a half hours before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS St. Barths (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- MAC My Mimi (LE, $45.50) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Galet (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Ballerina (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Too Faced Tropic Like It's Hot (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #20 (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Daygleam (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Rose Gold (P, $9.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Rose Gold (P, $10.99) is lighter (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
TALC, NYLON-12, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, POLYETHYLENE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, DIMETHICONE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PTFE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.