Clionadh Aether Powder Highlighter ($14.00 for 0.21 oz.) has a slightly translucent base with more medium, warmer pink shimmer and flecks of larger, cooler pink and fuchsia sparkle. It was a very shiny, sparkly shade, which became more and more noticeable when buffed and blended out. The translucent base came through more noticeably as it was diffused as it was more sparkle than it was base color. It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage, which was more as marketed.
The texture was smooth to the touch, not too firmly nor too softly pressed into the pan, so it picked up well with more feathery brushes but wasn’t powdery. The product applied well on my skin and diffused easily, though it looked more even in person as it was so reflective. I was surprised–and impressed–that it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours but had some migration from the larger sparkles over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Wattabrat (P, $36.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Pink-Champagne (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Milani Pink-aroo (P, $10.99) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Glow Burst (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 10 Peach (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Clionadh Clionadh (Light) (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Reborn (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, brighter (80% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Fetish (P, $39.00) is lighter (80% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Diamond Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- ColourPop Pink Velvet (PiP, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. - $59.52 Per Ounce
There's not much that describes the formula other than it has a "soft, buildable application." They tended to be quite pigmented--semi-opaque to fully opaque--with soft, smoother textures that weren't too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I'd highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin's natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Myristate, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate. May Contain: +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.