Ciate Roger, Darling Glow-To HighlighterCiate Roger, Darling Glow-To Highlighter ($32.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a light, pink-peach base with a strong, golden sheen. It seemed like it was going to be rather metallic based on the initial swatch, but it ended up more moderate to noticeably luminous on my skin, especially after I diffused and blended it out. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, though it had a smooth, soft, and lightly creamy texture that made it easy to just pick up less product for a sheerer application. The denser consistency worked better with moderately dense brushes, like a typical tapered highlighting brush but less so with a fan brush. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Lethal Cosmetics Chromosphere (P, $18.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Star Brite (P, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gilt Glow (LE, $68.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Now's the Time (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Let It Rock (LE, $34.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Frosty (LE, $8.00) is darker, more muted (85% similar).
- ColourPop Guilty Pleasure (LE, $8.00) is darker, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Flycatcher (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler, glossier (85% similar).
- Tarte Moonlight (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$32.00/0.17 oz. - $188.24 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be an “ultra-soft luminizer” with “long-wear” and built-up to “intense, bold shimmer.” The powders were usually soft and blendable, though a couple were a little looser in the pan, which made them feel drier or dustier.
They were easy to blend and diffuse on the skin and lasted for eight hours, on average. The more sparkly shades emphasized my skin's natural texture a bit while the more luminous shades did not.
Browse all of our Ciate Glow-To Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.