Ciate Roger, Darling Glow-To Highlighter ($32.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a light, pink-peach base with a strong, golden sheen. It seemed like it was going to be rather metallic based on the initial swatch, but it ended up more moderate to noticeably luminous on my skin, especially after I diffused and blended it out. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, though it had a smooth, soft, and lightly creamy texture that made it easy to just pick up less product for a sheerer application. The denser consistency worked better with moderately dense brushes, like a typical tapered highlighting brush but less so with a fan brush. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading a bit.
- Colour Pop Star Brite (P, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Let It Rock (LE, $34.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gilt Glow (LE, $68.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Now's the Time (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Regal (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Guilty Pleasure (LE, $8.00) is darker, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Moonlight (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Year of the Pig (LE, $38.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Glow Up (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
$32.00/0.17 oz. - $188.24 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be an “ultra-soft luminizer” with “long-wear” and built-up to “intense, bold shimmer.” The powders were usually soft and blendable, though a couple were a little looser in the pan, which made them feel drier or dustier.
They were easy to blend and diffuse on the skin and lasted for eight hours, on average. The more sparkly shades emphasized my skin's natural texture a bit while the more luminous shades did not.
Browse all of our Ciate Glow-To Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)