Ciate Jessica Rabbit Glitter Storm LipstickCiate Jessica Rabbit Glitter Storm Lipstick ($22.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a bright, ruby red with cool undertones and multi-colored glitter (I saw mostly pink and gold). The texture felt noticeably glittery in the tube and during application, which was textured enough that I definitely could feel all of the glitter as I applied the product to my lips. Those who are particularly sensitive to glitter in their lip products will likely find this too gritty, but those who don’t find that to be a deal-breaker, keep reading. It had nearly opaque pigmentation that adhered evenly and didn’t emphasize my lip texture, which I owed to the lightly glossy finish. The color wore well for five and a half hours with minimal glitter travel, while the formula was lightly hydrating over time.
It appears to be out of stock on Sephora’s site, but it is still available at Ciate.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Bite Beauty Cherry on Top (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Stunner (LE, $56.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- UOMA Beauty On Fire (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Scarlet Rouge (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Daenerys Targaryen (LE, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Killer Kiss (DC, $32.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Burst (142) (P, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Trap Queen (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Surprise (LE, $6.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Too Faced Too Too Hot (LE, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
$22.00/0.12 oz. - $183.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "full-color base" with "star-like pigments" that give "three-dimensional shine and shimmer." The pigmentation ranged from medium to opaque, depending on the shade, though I'd say most were fairly pigmented. The consistency was lightweight, creamy without being heavy or thick, and the color went on fairly evenly. In general, I felt like they could have applied a bit more evenly overall but the high-shine, sparkly/metallic finish often camouflaged imperfections in the application when seen at a normal viewing distance. I could feel the glittery texture in two shades as I applied--Cosmic and Elektra--but the other shades were very smooth and cream-like; even with Cosmic and Elektra, it was just "this is a glittery lipstick" in level of feel, by no means rough or painful to use! They lasted between four and six hours and were lightly hydrating over time.
Browse all of our Ciate Glitter Storm Lipstick swatches.
Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Silica, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Octyldodecanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Tin Oxide, Alcohol, Ethyl Vanillin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water (Aqua), Dicalcium Phosphate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.