In Too Deep
Ciate In Too Deep Glow-To Illuminating Blush ($26.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a medium, pinky mauve with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had semi-sheer, buildable pigmentation (up to semi-opaque) that applied evenly to bare skin. The powder was smooth to the touch without being too dense (or stiff) nor was it so soft that it felt powdery. It was easy to diffuse the edges on the cheeks, and the more I blended the powder, the more refined and smooth the glow looked. This shade would be more ideal for lighter complexions, as it just barely showed up on my skin tone with a heavier application. It wore well for eight hours on before fading.
- Tom Ford Beauty Cool (Winter 2016) Highlighter (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Cover FX Pink Dahlia (Right) (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Stunner (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Iced (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Ciate Baby Doll (P, $26.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Super Orgasm (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Peach Passion (P, $34.00) is brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Rayo (P, $38.00) is lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- By Terry Savannah Love #1 (LE, ) is less shimmery, brighter (85% similar).
$26.00/0.141 oz. - $184.40 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have buildable pigmentation from “barely-there” color to “intense color” with long-wear. It had a smooth consistency with a firmer press, but it was not stiff or difficult to pickup color. From the four shades I purchased, the pigmentation varied from medium to semi-opaque, and they were certainly buildable to full coverage, though the formula itself was forgiving enough that the color could be sheered out as desired (and the powder was conducive to simply picking up less product as well). The swirled nature of the highlighter-and-blush concept did make the color vary a bit, and sometimes it appeared more shimmery than others (though the brand noted that each compact contains 50% of each).
Browse all of our Ciate Glow-To Illuminating Blush swatches.
Mica, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Dicalcium Phosphate, PTFE, Dimethicone, Squalane, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 20, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus), Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).