The Pretty Pink
Charlotte Tilbury The Pretty Pink Lip Set ($60.00 for 0.28 oz.) includes a creamy, pink-coral and muted, deep coral lipsticks paired with a matte, dusty rose pencil. The lipsticks were decent to good, while the lip pencil worked well (and was consistent with the individual pencil I had from before). I tried to layer the three together, but I didn’t feel the lighter lipstick (Blushing Dream) did much to the color of the deeper lipstick (Rose Kiss).
Blushing Dream is a soft, medium pink with warm undertones and a cream finish. It had good pigmentation with a smooth, creamy texture that was light-medium in thickness but not heavy to wear. The lipstick applied comfortably across my lips and deposited fairly even color, but there was a bit of product that gathered in my deeper lip lines and didn’t help smooth out the natural texture of my lips either. It wore well for four and a half hours and was lightly hydrating.
- MAC Testosterone (LE, $19.50) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC King Salmon (DC, $21.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Bitten Peach (P, $37.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Suqqu Ayasango (04) (P, $26.50) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Rising Star (P, $34.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Marisa (LE, $36.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Givenchy Nude Cachemire (101) (P, $37.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Schnookums (LE, $7.00) is brighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC See Sheer (P, $19.50) is darker (90% similar).
- Maybelline Honey Pink (P, $7.99) is warmer, less glossy (85% similar).
$37.00/0.12 oz. - $308.33 Per Ounce
The Kissing formula is supposed to be pigmented and luminous, while also being hydrating. It has a creamier, lightweight consistency that's comfortable to wear and to apply with a moderately hydrating formula to back it. I find that some of the creamier shades can sit in my lip lines a bit, but it really depends on the shade on how noticeable it is in person. The wear ranges from three to five hours (reds and the like). There's a faint, sweet vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Kissing Lipstick swatches.
Rose Kiss is a medium-dark coral with warmer undertones and a semi-matte finish. The color coverage was nearly opaque in a single layer, while the texture was velvety and smooth without feeling wet. It was very lightweight, and it did not feel like it clung to my lips nor did it accentuate the texture of my lips. The color lasted well for five and a half hours felt neither drying nor hydrating.
- Colour Pop Y2K (P, $7.00) is less glossy (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Beast (LE, ) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Too Bad I'm Bad (P, $34.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Mrs. (LE, $7.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Pumpkin (LE, $25.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- Sephora Honeymoon (80) (P, $14.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Beautiful Stranger (P, $40.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Too Faced Sellout (P, $21.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Double Dare (DC, $21.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Goal Digger (P, $6.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
$37.00/0.12 oz. - $308.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "long-lasting color" that's "buildable" with "glowing pigments" that give the "illusion of wider, fuller lips." Some shades are buildable while others are fairly pigmented in one stroke. The consistency was more velvety, lightweight, and thin without being clingy or drying over time. I found that some shades were flattering on, as they didn't emphasize lip texture or get into my lip lines, while other shades gravitated into my lip lines. They wore between three and five hours and were typically non-drying. There was no discernible scent or taste.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick swatches.
Pillow Talk is a medium-dark pink with warm undertones and a matte finish. The color was consistent with the standalone version I have of this shade. It had good pigmentation with a soft, lightly waxy texture that applied fairly well to bare skin for all-over color application and was even easier to use strictly as a liner. It stayed on well for over six hours and was non-drying.
- Urban Decay Naked (P, $18.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #004 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Blush (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Solow (P, $6.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Please Me (P, $19.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Clueless (P, $6.50) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty #006 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Milani Lust (LE, $8.99) is brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Saint (LE, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Sapphire, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Polyurethane-11, Isoceteth-10, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491) [May Contain Carmine (Ci 75470), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77499)]. Ingredients may vary by color.