Pillow Talk (Medium)
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk (Medium) Hollywood Beauty Light Wand ($38.00 for 0.4 oz.) is a medium copper with moderate, warm undertones and a fine, pearlescent sheen that still had a bit of shine and dewiness to it (despite drying down). The texture was lightweight, fluid, and like a very thin gel as it spread easily on my skin, including over foundation (it didn’t lift up my base).
It had semi-sheer coverage that was buildable to more higher-medium coverage (not quite semi-opaque). The liquid highlighter applied evenly on my skin without emphasizing my natural texture. This shade stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Rose Gold (P, $41.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Tan #1 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, less glossy (95% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Rose Gold (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior #003 (LE, $53.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (DC, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Rose (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Rose Gold (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lust for Life (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Lustre Gold (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Penny (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$38.00/0.4 oz. - $95.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to add a "kiss of color" with a "soft focus beauty glow." I found the liquid highlighter easy to spread across my skin and blend out along the edges with the included applicator as well as with my fingertips. The formula dried down quickly and didn’t remain wet, but there was enough time to apply and blend. The coverage ranged from sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
It had a lightweight, thin consistency that was more gel-like, which was particularly easy to work with over base products (and still worked well over bare skin!) as it did not lift up product nor did it create patchiness. They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand swatches.
AQUA/WATER/EAU, HYDROGENATED DIDECENE, ISODODECANE, MICA, GLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, SILICA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ISOPRENE COPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-t-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, LINDERA STRYCHNIFOLIA ROOT EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, [+/- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491)].