Charlotte Tilbury Original Hollywood Beauty Light Wand ($38.00 for 0.40 oz.) is a soft, champagne gold with warm, peachy undertones and a fine, pearly sheen. It had a luminous, high-shine finish on my skin that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture and was somewhere between radiant and dewy–more sheen than glossiness, though. Per the brand, it’s supposed to have an “extreme Hollywood luminous finish … that imparts high gloss, brightening and highlighting effects,” which I’d completely agree with.
The liquid highlighter pushes through a soft, cushioned applicator (which I did not find particularly ideal for long-term storage/use), which certainly worked for depositing and gently diffusing the product on the skin, but it worked just as well with fingertips or synthetic cheek brushes and I didn’t have to worry about getting base products onto the included applicator. It had a fluid, more gel-like consistency that spread easily across the skin and diffused easily along the edges. It does dry down quickly, though I didn’t feel like I had to work at warp speed to get the product blended out but I wouldn’t dilly-dally either. It wore well for nine hours on me with minimal fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Fort de France (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Celestial (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Star Babe (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Ivory Gold (10) (P, $58.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Stargazer (P, $39.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Universal (001) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Gator Wings (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Sunlight (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Kosas Velvet Melon (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Algenist Champagne (PiP, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
$38.00/0.4 oz. - $95.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to add a "kiss of color" with a "soft focus beauty glow." I found the liquid highlighter easy to spread across my skin and blend out along the edges with the included applicator as well as with my fingertips. The formula dried down quickly and didn’t remain wet, but there was enough time to apply and blend. The coverage ranged from sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
It had a lightweight, thin consistency that was more gel-like, which was particularly easy to work with over base products (and still worked well over bare skin!) as it did not lift up product nor did it create patchiness. They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand swatches.