Charlotte Tilbury Gilded Glow Glow Glide Highlighter Review & Swatches
Charlotte Tilbury Gilded Glow Glow Glide Face Architect Highlighter ($48.00 for 0.24 oz.) is a light copper with moderate, warm orange undertones and a soft, luminous sheen.
- Opaque pigmentation
- Smooth, lightly dense texture, not powdery
- Picked up evenly with a brush, blended out well
- Did not emphasize skin texture
- Long-wearing (8 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Surreal (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Rêve Salé III (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Honey (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Orgasm Fever (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Flare for the Dramatic (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Bronze Mirage (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Ballerina (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Maybelline Nude Glow (200) (P, $9.99) is cooler (95% similar).
- Anastasia Hot Sand (P, $34.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
$48.00/0.24 oz. - $200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "rich pigment pay-off" with a "skin-gilding satin texture" that does not "crease, cake, or settle into fine lines." The highlighter formula was smooth, slightly dense but not overly firm or stiff, and picked up evenly with a brush. They had mostly opaque to opaque color coverage, which remained blendable and easy to work with, so one could use a lighter hand to get sheerer, more buildable coverage if desired.
A few shades were slightly prone to emphasizing skin texture at higher opacity levels, so it was a formula that is more ideal for smoother skin if one wanted to wear it at semi-opaque or higher coverage; otherwise, it should be suitable at semi-sheer to medium coverage on skin with some texture.
Worth noting, the actual product pans spin in circles inside the compact. The compact itself appears that they are intended to be refillable, as there's a small hole on the back to insert a pin (or similar) to pop out the pan, but it shouldn't be spinning during use since that makes for a more annoying experience to use it!
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Glow Glide Face Architect Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Talc, Squalane, Diisostearyl Malate, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zinc Stearate, Dimethiconol, Silica, Tin Oxide, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
When I popped over to the “possible dupes” page, I just had to laugh at myself with how many of them I have!
But, if one doesn’t, then this is a gorgeous, very smooth looking highlighter!
Gosh this shade is GORGEOUS on you!