Chantecaille Eclat Brilliant Face Powder ($92.00 for 0.19 oz.) is a light-medium gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. The texture was smooth to the touch, more firmly-pressed into the pan without being stiff to work with, and it felt consistent with similar, gel-powder like formulations.
These type of formulas work better with moderately dense brushes for initially picking up product, while their major advantages are that the powder itself tends to “melt” more when applied to the skin and there’s no powderiness or excess kicked up in the pan.
It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, but it was easy to dial down the coverage if desired since one just needed to use a lighter hand. The highlighter applied well to bare skin, blended out with ease, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading visibly on me.
- Looxi Beauty Luxe (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H106 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Light of the Party (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Instant Replay (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Star (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Amnesia (P, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Holly Gold-head (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Sparkling Sass (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Golden Champagne (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Dl-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491)