Chantecaille Eclat Brilliant Face Powder ($92.00 for 0.19 oz.) is a light-medium gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. The texture was smooth to the touch, more firmly-pressed into the pan without being stiff to work with, and it felt consistent with similar, gel-powder like formulations.
These type of formulas work better with moderately dense brushes for initially picking up product, while their major advantages are that the powder itself tends to “melt” more when applied to the skin and there’s no powderiness or excess kicked up in the pan.
It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, but it was easy to dial down the coverage if desired since one just needed to use a lighter hand. The highlighter applied well to bare skin, blended out with ease, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading visibly on me.
- Make Up For Ever H106 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Light of the Party (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Gamma (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Luxe (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Makatea (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC House of Petunia (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Starflower (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium-Nude (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Dripping in Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Frosty (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Dl-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.