White Opal (40)
Chanel White Opal (40) Highlighting Powder ($58.00 for 0.3 oz.) is a pale beige base with a subtle pink-to-violet shifting pearl. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a smooth, more firmly-pressed consistency that was firm without being stiff to work with, though you’ll want to use a moderately dense or denser brush. It was yielding enough that a fan brush would give a delicate dusting of sheen, but generally, I think most will prefer a moderately dense highlighting brush (like typical tapered ones).
This particular take on this shade has a more powdery base, which was less glowing as it was noticeably powdery on my skin, though, which was its downfall. At very sheer coverage, it was just fine, but to get to a noticeable sheen on my complexion (medium to semi-opaque, blended application), it could have sat better on my skin–and in general, Chanel’s cheek powders (including other shades in this formula) tend to look lovely applied. On me, the highlighter lasted well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
- NYX Snow Rose (P, $7.99) is cooler (95% similar).
- Milani Unicorn Dreams (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Diamond Dust (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Fashion Show (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Frosted Kiss (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Cloud 9 (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Pink Pyrite (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Essence Be My Spacelight (P, $4.49) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Aquamarine (LE, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Believe (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$58.00/0.3 oz. - $193.33 Per Ounce
Chanel described the powder as having a “sheer, radiant finish,” and I’d expect “sheer” to indicate more of a veil of radiance–it is not the clearest description. There are noticeable sparkles/micro-glitters in both shades released, so I would consider it suitable for someone who likes sparkle and more intense highlighters. The powders applied, blended, and lasted well on my skin.
Browse all of our Chanel Highlighting Powder swatches.