Rose Petillant (330)
Chanel Rose Petillant (330) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a light-medium pink-coral with subtle, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had buildable coverage–as marketed–from medium to mostly opaque (two to three layers) that applied evenly to bare skin and diffused to a seamless finish with barely any blending (but didn’t sheer out too readily). The texture was silky, smooth, and soft without being too powdery. This shade stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Cat's Eye (LE, $12.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Cobbler (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's Passionate (P, $32.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Day Dream (LE, $30.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Crave (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Count Me In (P, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Spring Flock (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Guerlain Gold Palette #7 (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Technicolor (PiP, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Endless (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.