Rose Glacier (170)
Chanel Rose Glacier (170) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a bright, medium pink with warm undertones and gold shimmer.
The Joues Contraste Blush formula is supposed to have a “silky, delicate texture” with “buildable coverage” that gives a “radiant glow.” This is one of four exclusives to Chanel’s website, though it has been released before (but I don’t remember having it). Rose Glacier had semi-opaque, buildable coverage with a soft, lightly dusty consistency and a higher level of shimmer than most shades within this formula (that I’ve tried, at least). The blush applied well to the skin, as it spread and blended on the skin easily, and while I wasn’t sure about the shimmer level (it made me wary of whether would accentuate the look of the skin’s natural texture), it ended up translating rather nicely–soft, luminous, and glowy. I noticed signs of fading after eight and a half hours of wear.
- Becca Flowerchild (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Court of Miracles (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Hibiscus Bloom (DC, $34.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Fruit Punch (P, $28.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Culture (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Fun with Friends (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Blush (Original) (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Adrenaline (LE, $30.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- By Terry Light & Tan Vibes #2 (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop More is More (P, $8.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.