Rose Glacier (170)
Chanel Rose Glacier (170) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a bright, medium pink with warm undertones and gold shimmer.
The Joues Contraste Blush formula is supposed to have a “silky, delicate texture” with “buildable coverage” that gives a “radiant glow.” This is one of four exclusives to Chanel’s website, though it has been released before (but I don’t remember having it). Rose Glacier had semi-opaque, buildable coverage with a soft, lightly dusty consistency and a higher level of shimmer than most shades within this formula (that I’ve tried, at least). The blush applied well to the skin, as it spread and blended on the skin easily, and while I wasn’t sure about the shimmer level (it made me wary of whether would accentuate the look of the skin’s natural texture), it ended up translating rather nicely–soft, luminous, and glowy. I noticed signs of fading after eight and a half hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Court of Miracles (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Fruit Punch (P, $28.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Hibiscus Bloom (DC, $34.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Culture (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Rosewater (P, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop More is More (P, $8.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Tarina Tarantino Parasol (P, $25.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Loves Me (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Flowerchild (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Coral Pop (10) (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.