Patine Bronze (840)
Chanel Patine Bronze (840) Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eyeshadow ($36.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a slightly muted, medium golden bronze with warm undertones and a more olive-gold sheen. The texture was lightly creamy, almost a touch tacky, with good slip and excellent hold as the color went on evenly, smoothly, and with full color coverage in a single layer. The eyeshadow was easy to diffuse along the edges without sheering it out too readily (but it could also be worn as more of a bronzy wash–lost some of the greenish cast, though) and didn’t settle into my fine lines/creases as it dried down. Once it set, the eyeshadow stayed on well for 11 hours before creasing very faintly.
- Natasha Denona Varis (PiP, $29.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Distilled (PiP, $19.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Fire (584) (P, $29.50) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Chanel Codes Subtils #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Guerlain Les Precieux #4 (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Rustic (214M) (PiP, $29.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Incognito #4 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Persona Resilient (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Zap (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Noir Fume #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$36.00/0.14 oz. - $257.14 Per Ounce
Chanel describes the formula as a “smooth-textured cream shadow [that] glides on effortlessly” and is “long-wearing.” Overall, the consistency has moderate slip–emollient but not greasy or overly wet in feel–and feels more like a traditional cream eyeshadow than Chanel’s Illusion d’Ombres. They go on as a thin layer but have fairly good pigmentation. The formula dried down quite quickly leaving little time for blending or diffusing edges, even when working one eye at a time, which was where I struggled. I think some of them tended to work better as lid colors and using something else for a more diffused/blended out crease color. They did, however, wear impeccably for as long as fourteen hours on me–no creasing, fading, or flaking.
Browse all of our Chanel Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eyeshadow swatches.