Chanel Medium Light Les Beiges Healthy Glow Luminous Colour ($58.00 for 0.42oz.) is a light-medium, yellowed peach with a satin sheen. The pigmentation was buildable from semi-sheer to medium coverage (three layers). The texture was very silky and finely-milled, but it was also powdery and kicked up a fair amount of powder in the pan. This also led to it being harder to apply on drier skin (like my arm) as the product did not adhere that well; it was less of a concern over my cheeks (more normal) nor when applied over freshly applied liquid foundation. I could see this shade working as a bronzer on lighter complexions, as only a faint sheen showed on my light-medium skin tone (easier for me to see it in person than in photos), but it could be used as a highlighting powder on light and light-medium, warmer skin tones without adding much color (if any!). The product wore well for eight hours on me.
Chanel described the formula as a “powder bronze and highlighter enriched with illuminating pigments” with a “buildable, soft texture.” The brand noted to select a shade lighter than your skin tone for highlighting and darker than your skin tone for bronzing–so it was less of a multi-tasking product and more that one could use it either as a highlighting powder or as a bronzing powder. I think you can get a little illumination and subtle warmth if you choose a shade similar to your skin tone, though, which is the closest to having the best of both worlds.
- KVD Beauty Levitation (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Light Bronze (P, $14.99) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Tres Modern (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Glow (90) (P, $64.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Ticket to Brazil (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Natural / Brunettes (03) (P, $53.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Narcissistic (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Guerlain Clair / Brunettes (01) (P, $53.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Terracotta Gold Light (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Dolce (P, $8.99) is darker, warmer (90% similar).