Chanel Light Peach Water-Fresh Blush ($50.00 for 0.5 oz.) is a light peach with strong, warm orange undertones and a satin finish (once it dried down). While it did not appear particularly amazing swatched on my arm, it did apply quite well to my cheeks with a brush.
- Sheer coverage, buildable to semi-sheer
- Must be applied to back of hand & swirled together
- Applied evenly with a brush
- Applied unevenly with fingertips
- Long-wearing (8 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Flower Beauty Pinched (P, $9.99) is cooler (95% similar).
- ILIA I Put a Spell on You (P, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Kosas Velvet Melon (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Perky Peach (P, $25.50) is more shimmery, glossier (90% similar).
- ColourPop Mercy Me (P, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Cali Dream (P, $22.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Now or Never (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Slay Bells (LE, $29.00).
$50.00/0.5 oz. - $100.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a a "sheer touch of colour" with a "natural-loloking flushed effect" that "hydrates" skin for 8-hours. Per the brand, you're supposed to dispense product onto the back of your hand and then use fingertips or a brush.
This is a critical step, though they left out what I think is the most important part of the step/reasoning: the "micro-droplet pigments" must be broken up and blended in with the water base. I found that fingertips did the worst job with this, where as a synthetic stippling brush made short work and diffused the pigments and water together for an even result.
A synthetic brush also worked best for applying the very thin, watery consistency without lifting up base products. Fingertips seemed more prone to moving around base products when I tried patting on the liquid blush.
The coverage was sheer and could be built up to semi-sheer coverage with a second layer. It dried down to a satin finish--not quite matte but not dewy as a lot of the water evaporated. The blush lasted for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
Browse all of our Chanel Water-Fresh Blush swatches.
AQUA (WATER) | HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE | GLYCERIN | METHYL GLUCETH-20 | PENTYLENE GLYCOL | DIGLYCERIN | OCTYLDODECANOL | CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) FLOWER EXTRACT | CHLORPHENESIN | BUTYLENE GLYCOL | CAPRYLYL GLYCOL | CARBOMER | POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID | DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE | POLYGLYCERIN-3 | TAMARINDUS INDICA SEED GUM | ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE | TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE | PROPYLENE CARBONATE | AMODIMETHICONE | SODIUM HYDROXIDE | SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE | ALCALIGENES POLYSACCHARIDES | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | LYSINE | MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE | [+ / - (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL57A-I
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.