Chanel Flushed (132) Rouge Coco Flash Lip Colour ($38.00 for 0.1 oz.) is a soft, light-medium coral with moderate, warm undertones and fine pink and gold pearl that gave it a luminous shine. It had medium color coverage in a single layer, though marketed as “intensely pigmented,” and had moderate slip, though it was lightweight and did not seem overly slippery during wear.
Despite the shimmer and sheerness, it did not call attention to any texture imperfections. The color lasted well for three and a half hours and felt moisturizing while worn.
- L'Oreal Luminous Coral (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Revlon Nude Illuminator (020) (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Chanel Sunbeam (162) (P, $42.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Revlon Rose and Shine (P, $8.49) is cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Juicy Date (P, $27.00) is less shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury In Love with Olivia (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Burberry Coral (257) (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- ColourPop Waikiki (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Chelsea Girls (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Chanel Highway (LE, $42.00) is less shimmery, darker, more pigmented (80% similar).
DIISOSTEARYL MALATE | SQUALANE | BIS-BEHENYL/ISOSTEARYL/PHYTOSTERYL DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE | PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE | HYDROGENATED COCONUT OIL | CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE | SUCROSE TETRASTEARATE TRIACETATE | ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE | SYNTHETIC WAX | PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE | ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE COPOLYMER | SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE | MEADOWFOAM DELTA-LACTONE | LAURYL PCA | SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE | TOCOPHERYL ACETATE | ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE | JOJOBA ESTERS | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | POLYGLYCERIN-3 | TRIBEHENIN | ALUMINA | DIMETHICONE | PEG-8 | TOCOPHEROL | ACACIA DECURRENS FLOWER WAX | HELIANTHUS ANNUUS CERA SEED (HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED WAX) | SILICA | ASCORBYL PALMITATE | ASCORBIC ACID | CITRIC ACID | PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-1 | [+ / - (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 12085 (RED 36) | CI 15850 (RED 6) | CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE) | CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE) | CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) | CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) | CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) | CI 45380 (RED 22 LAKE) | CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) | CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) | CI 75470 (CARMINE) | CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL28A-II
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Chanel Attraction (494) Rouge Coco Lipstick (2015) ($37.00 for 0.12 oz.)is a muted, medium-dark burgundy with strong, warm undertones and a natural sheen. It had some shine with what seemed to be very, very fine pearl at times. The consistency was lightweight, thin but not clingy, and had moderate slip, which ensured the lipstick applied smoothly and did not pull on my lips during application.
It had good pigmentation in a single layer, and while it went on fairly evenly, there was a bit of unevenness along the center area of my lips. It wore well for five hours and felt hydrating over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Diva (P, $19.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Maybelline Smoking Red (DC, $7.49) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Runner (LE, $19.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Your Majesty (DC, $37.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Bette (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Liquorice (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Hex (DC, $18.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Josephine (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Liquorice (DC, $24.00) is less shimmery, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Smashbox Brick Trick (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
$37.00/0.12 oz. - $308.33 Per Ounce
The Rouge Coco formula is supposed to have "full coverage with a creamy yet lightweight finish" that is also hydrating. The coverage was semi-sheer to semi-opaque with the occasional shade being closer to full coverage, but it would not be a formula I'd recommend to someone looking for truly opaque pigmentation out of their lip color. Where the formula excels is in the more luminous finish--a soft sheen without the slipperiness of a gloss--that often is forgiving on the lips. The texture is lightweight, smooth, and comfortable to wear and to apply. The formula ranged from lightly hydrating to lightly drying with most somewhere between non-drying and lightly hydrating. The lipstick lasted two to four hours on me but reapplies well. They have a rosy scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick (2015) swatches.