Buxom Dolly Wanderlust Primer-Infused Blush ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a soft, medium plum with warm, rosy undertones and a satin sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a soft, velvety consistency that was a smidgen powdery in the pan but had a flattering, natural finish on my cheeks. The blush applied evenly and diffused easily along the edges for a seamless blend. It wore well for nine and a half hours on me before fading slightly and was still mostly intact after 12 hours of wear.
- bareMinerals The Indecent Proposal (PiP, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Isadora (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Cle de Peau Perfect Peach (P, $60.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Roseberry (P, $28.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Surreal Halo (LE, $35.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Plum Foolery (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Alluring Rose (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Baby Love (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty De Cherubique (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Rebel Rose (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The powder blush is supposed to have "12-hour wear" thanks to the "primer-infused" formulation that is supposed to "seamlessly blend" with a "luminous finish." It is scented with a "subtle, beachy scent" (it smells a bit like coconut and suntan lotion... aptly described a"beach," but wasn't a scent I detected much on, though my sense of smell has been dulled down lately). Most of the shades had semi-opaque to opaque pigmentation--and some where intensely pigmented to the point where the warning "use with a light hand" comes into play--with soft, finely-milled consistencies that were a little dusty in the pan.
The finish varied from satin to more pearlescent, and one shade has larger sparkles to it, so you'll want to pay attention to the finish of a particular shade if you are particular about the level of shine/shimmer in your cheek colors. I noticed that most of the shades applied darker and richer on my skin, both my forearm as well as my cheeks, than they appeared in the pot. The blushes blended out well and lasted between nine and 11 hours on me--definitely a bit longer wearing than average. They looked smoother and were more forgiving of skin texture when worn on bare skin than the average powder blush, too.
Browse all of our Buxom Wanderlust Primer-Infused Blush swatches.
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Fragrance, Poloxamer 338, Silica, PTFE, Octadecene, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).