Bobbi Brown Golden Hour Luxe Illuminating Highlighting Powder ($50.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm, peachy undertones and a frosted sheen. It had a slightly drier, almost powdery texture, and it was similar in the dryness present in the Luxe Eyeshadow range–dry not really in a bad way, though, but it’s a characteristic present in formulas that seem to be baked.
It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, while the denser, slightly firmer texture made it easier to pick up less product if preferred for sheerer, more buildable coverage. The powder applied evenly to bare skin and blended out with ease, though it definitely had more of a powdery base that I felt looked a bit cake-like when applied over foundation (as opposed to bare skin). The glow was more noticeable than a truly subtle glow, and it did build up to a more moderate sheen when layered. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading visibly.
The brand has minimal information on the formula; they described it as a “silky-smooth pearlescent powder” that “melts into skin for a buildable, lit-from-within glow.” Often, especially with highlighters, brand will market them has having pigmentation but that they can be built up from more of a soft glow to an intense glow, so color payoff and having a buildable finish can be two separate characteristics.
- NARS Disco Nights (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Royal Glow (LE, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- OFRA Rodeo Drive (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Clinique Gold Celebration Pop (LE, $25.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- LORAC Twilight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Amnesia (P, $26.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Instant Replay (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Nude (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Highlight of the Day (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).