Black Up NBL 03 Blush ($26.50 for 0.12 oz.) is a bold, bright dark berry with cool undertones and a satin finish. The finish became more glowing and luminous as the blush was blended onto the skin, and it seemed to look cooler and almost purplish as I diffused the color out.
The Blush formula is supposed to have “pure and intense color” that “blends to the skin.” It was richly pigmented with nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, but the consistency was firmer and drier in the pan, so it took more effort to get product to transfer onto my brush than a softer blush would. I was able to blend and diffuse the blush evenly on the skin, but again, that stiffer consistency made it more challenging to get a nice faded edge going. It wore well for nine hours before fading slightly.
- Colour Pop Cheerio (P, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop New Lowes (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Fire Fury (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- CoverGirl Deep Mauve (DC, $9.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Buxom Goa (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Berry (DC, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Here You Go (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Grapevine #3 (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Viseart Violet #3 (PiP, ) is cooler (85% similar).
- ILIA Sing (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, lighter, less pigmented (85% similar).
Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Magnesium Yristate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Silica, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol Dimethicone. (+/-) May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6 Sodium Lake, Red 7 Calcium Lake), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).