Bite Beauty Leo Amuse Bouche LipstickBite Beauty Leo Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is glittery mix of gold and copper sparkle and micro-glitter. It didn’t seem like it had much color, but it seemed to turn my lips a coppery-brown shade along with adding a fair amount of sparkle and micro-glitter. As a result, it ended up appearing deeper and more pigmented applied than swatched and in comparison to other sparkling golds Bite’s released in the past. It had semi-sheer, buildable coverage (to about medium coverage) with a fairly smooth, emollient texture that was thinner and less creamy compared to the standard Amuse Bouche shade. I didn’t find it gritty during application, and I only started to feel the sparkles in the last hour of wear (but to me it never felt rough/gritty/otherwise bothersome). This shade lasted for four hours and was lightly hydrating.
P.S. — I think this is the first time I’ve actually had a lipstick arrive melted — I could actually see where the lipstick tip sunk into the rest of it! Strangely enough, the lipstick was packed on its side in the box, but it melted right-side up as there was no product inside the cap. Bite Beauty did offer to replace, which I appreciate, but it’s unnecessary since it’s still quite functional as is!
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- UOMA Beauty Lady of Gold (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (95% similar).
- NARS Miramar (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora No Cell Service (42) (P, $8.00) is glossier (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Surge (LE, $56.00) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Trophy Wife (LE, $19.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Sephora Golden Party (63) (P, $14.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty What's Your Numb'a (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Maybelline Pure Gold (P, $7.49) is more pigmented (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Gold (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Gold Skool (LE, $22.00) is lighter (85% similar).
$26.00/0.15 oz. - $173.33 Per Ounce
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is supposed to have “bold, creamy color” with “extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.” The majority of the range is very pigmented–typically opaque with one pass–with a few shades being semi-opaque but usually buildable.
The consistency is very lightly creamy to lightly creamy with some shades requiring light-medium pressure and can pull the lip a bit when gliding it across the lips, though the color doesn’t appear ragged and the bullet itself doesn’t feel stiff (while other shades applied without tugging, so check individual shade reviews!) The majority of the shades I’ve tested have been lightly hydrating to non-drying and fairly comfortable to wear for the long-haul. They have a herbal, lemony scent but no discernible taste. They wear longer than average, from four to eight hours, depending on the intensity and propensity of the shade to stain.
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick swatches.