Bite Beauty Taurus Amsue Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium mauve with subtle, cool undertones and a satin sheen. It had opaque pigmentation with a lightweight, smooth consistency that was denser and firmer in the tube but yielded enough to glide across my lips without tugging. It was slightly thicker and held onto my lips well for five-hour wear that was comfortable and lightly hydrating over time. There was a touch of color that settled into my lip lines, but it wasn’t noticeable from a normal viewing distance.
- Tarte Salt Lyfe (P, $21.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Mmmmmm (LE, $19.50) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Backtalk (P, $18.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tarte Cabana Boy (P, $22.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Shy (P, $15.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Sake (P, $26.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine May She Raine (P, $17.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Desert Rose (P, $37.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever C211 (P, $22.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox Audition (P, $21.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$26.00/0.15 oz. - $173.33 Per Ounce
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is supposed to have “bold, creamy color” with “extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.” The majority of the range is very pigmented–typically opaque with one pass–with a few shades being semi-opaque but usually buildable.
The consistency is very lightly creamy to lightly creamy with some shades requiring light-medium pressure and can pull the lip a bit when gliding it across the lips, though the color doesn’t appear ragged and the bullet itself doesn’t feel stiff (while other shades applied without tugging, so check individual shade reviews!) The majority of the shades I’ve tested have been lightly hydrating to non-drying and fairly comfortable to wear for the long-haul. They have a herbal, lemony scent but no discernible taste. They wear longer than average, from four to eight hours, depending on the intensity and propensity of the shade to stain.
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick swatches.