Spanish Rose Glow
Becca Spanish Rose Glow Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light-medium, yellow-peach base with iridescent pink and pink-to-gold shifting sparkle and finer pearl. It gave me subtle warmth and cooler, a more luminous pink sheen when the light caught my cheekbones. It had good pigmentation in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer more, or diffused for sheerer coverage if preferred. The texture was soft, slightly drier to the touch, but very blendable and sat well on my skin without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
- Colour Pop Hope St. (P, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Dazzlepink (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Coronation (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Showstopper (81) (LE, $49.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Daybreak (P, $20.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Guilty Pleasure (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kaja Prizm (DC, $19.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Smashbox Prismatic Petal (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Everybody's Got a Weakness (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Parisian Lights (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish. They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin. I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.