Becca Royal Glow Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, peachy gold with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had excellent pigmentation with a smooth, soft, and blendable texture that wasn’t too firmly nor too softly pressed in the pan. I felt that the finish on this shade was less intense and easier to build up on the skin compared to other iterations, while the color feels a little too similar to their permanent range (for someone who may already own a few). The highlighter lasted nicely for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- OFRA Rodeo Drive (P, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Dripping in Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Guerlain Electric Light (LE, $56.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Milani Sunglow (P, $10.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Hot and Heavy (LE, $34.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Light of the Party (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Golden Hour (LE, $50.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Champagne (P, $10.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (LE, $42.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Nightlight (LE, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Microcrystalline WaxCera MicrocristallinaCire Microcristalline, Tin Oxide, Polyethylene, Magnesium Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035)]