Own Your Light
Becca Own Your Light Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light-medium, yellowy-peach base with peach-to-pink shifting shimmer that gave it a luminous finish. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, which adhered evenly to bare skin and blended out easily along the edges for a seamless finish that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture.
The finish seemed slightly less intense–in one layer–than some of the brand’s other highlighters in the same formula, which might have been due to the texture having a slightly firmer press to it so less product picked up onto the brush (but it didn’t seem to interfere with the pigmentation or application). It wore nicely for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Hope St. (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Dazzlepink (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Daybreak (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Spanish Rose Glow (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Stila Painted Lady (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coronation (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Dior Holo Gold (002) (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Iluminacion (P, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Opal Glow (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Showstopper (81) (LE, $49.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Microcrystalline WaxCera MicrocristallinaCire Microcristalline, Tin Oxide, Polyethylene, Magnesium Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium Edta, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163)].