Becca Dreamsicle Shimmering Skin Perfector PressedBecca Dreamsicle Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a brighter pop of light-medium orange with strong, warm yellow undertones and a metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented and a little went a long way. There was a definite yellowness coming through the shade (at least, applied to my skin tone) compared to the brand’s other gold and peach-based shades, though I expect that those who apply it very sheerly may not see much difference between this and strong golds/peaches.
The texture was soft and slightly more loosely-pressed in the pan compared to past iterations of the formula (and in general, I find that newer releases in the formula have a less cream-like feel but are just as blendable and easy to use and really only feel different by touch). The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out well, and lasted for eight and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Lassie (LE, $8.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Like to Watch (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Illamasqua Rush (P, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Golden Hour (P, $14.99) is less pigmented (90% similar).
- NARS Coucher de Soleil I (LE, ) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 10 (P, $62.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Sephora Dawn (P, $16.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Milani Golden Quartz (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior Gold Shock (001) (LE, $80.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Serenity Seeker (LE, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter, more muted (85% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.