Becca Chocolate Geode Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with warm, golden pearl that resulted in a metallic sheen on the skin. It wasn’t quite as shimmery as other shades in the range, though it had a strong shine on the skin, so the finish was more forgiving of skin texture. The powder felt slightly denser but was soft and blendable, and it became creamier after two uses. I had no trouble applying and blending out the highlighter on my skin. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me.
- Coloured Raine Your Treat (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Aruba (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- The Estee Edit Beachy (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Ignite (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #20 (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Topaz Chameleon (LE, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC My Mimi (LE, $45.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Losing Sleep (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit Ray (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Tan Lines (LE, $24.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish. They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin. I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, Tin Oxide, Polyethylene, Magnesium Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Mica, Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Carmine (Ci 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000).