Becca Champagne Pop Glow Silk Highlighter Drops ($32.00 for 0.37 oz.) is a medium-dark gold with strong, warm undertones and a shiny, pearlescent sheen. The formula is described as “light as air, soft as silk, luminous as light” that can be worn “on its own or layered with your skincare, primer, or foundation.” It’s much thinner, almost like a dry oil, and quick-drying than the Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquids (and the Champagne Pop here has richer, packed with more pearl, and has a lot more shine than the original Liquid version). This is a significantly more pigmented formula–full coverage in one drop!
Despite looking nearly metallic when I swatched one drop’s worth, it had had a shinier finish but wasn’t overtly shimmery or sparkly on my skin–it was more wet-looking, shiny in its finish. It was slightly less metallic than the more pigmented, liquid-based highlighters on the market. The glow the product yielded reminded me of shimmering body oils, as it had a similar shiny, glowing sheen that was a little more than natural but had very fine pearl so it didn’t emphasize skin texture either. It worked well on its own, applied on top of foundation (no lifting or patchiness), and mixed in with foundation or moisturizer. As a standalone highlighter, it lasted well for eight and a half hours on me before fading a bit.
- Laura Mercier Luxe (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Opal (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Blow Me Out (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Frosted (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment (Original) (P, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Barbados (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment (Original) (P, $26.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Guilded Glow (P, $5.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Bronze (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
Hydrogenated Didecene, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Hydrogenated Styrene/ Isoprene Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163).