Berlin Girl Glow
Becca Berlin Girl Glow Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, peachy, beige base with a pink-to-blue shifting pearl. The consistency was soft, blendable, and finely-milled, which helped my brush pick up product evenly and distribute it to my cheekbones with ease. I had no trouble diffusing and spreading the highlighter on my skin for a moderate glow. It added subtle warmth and shine, and when I tilted my head or moved slightly, I caught the bluish sheen that reflected off of my cheekbones. It had opaque pigmentation that lasted well for eight and a half hours on me. It is a limited edition shade but is still in stock at Becca when I checked at the writing of this review!
- Colour Pop Counting Sheep (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Fair (01) (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Ever After (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Guerlain Electric Look #1 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Hourglass Euphoric Strobe Light (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Dior Holo Pink (001) (DC, $56.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Horse and Carriage (LE, $8.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (01) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- NARS Tell All (LE, $30.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Rosy Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.