Artist Couture Illuminati Diamond Glow PowderArtist Couture Illuminati Diamond Glow Powder ($27.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy gold with strong, warm undertones and a smooth, metallic sheen. The glow was designed to be buildable, so one layer yielded a high-shine, moderate glow, while a second layer went to full-on, intensely metallic and super shiny glow–very much as advertised.
The consistency was soft, finely-milled, and blendable on bare skin. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation that had good adhesion and didn’t seem to emphasize my skin’s natural texture, though the loose format lends itself to loading up the brush for more coverage or going in with a lighter-hand for sheerer coverage. This particular shade had finer pearl and less sparkle compared to some of the shades in the range. It wore well for eight hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Melt Cosmetics Stargazer (P, $39.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Benefit Cookie (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Fort de France (P, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Moonstone (DC, $38.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop Mistress of All Evil (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Moonstone (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Coloured Raine Selfie (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Disco Nights (LE, $38.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop A Smile and a Song (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$27.00/0.16 oz. - $168.75 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a buildable glow, so you can have a "subtle, luminous sheen" or build it up for an "intense, amplified look." They can also be applied to eyes and lips if desired. They appear to be opaque in promotional swatches and imagery, which was what I also found while testing; they were semi-opaque to opaque, though as a loose product, one could simply use the smallest amount to get something sheerer.
The powder was very finely-milled, which helped it spread well on bare skin and not emphasize my skin's natural texture. It seemed to have a shinier finish, while still being noticeably shimmery/sparkly, and the glow could be built up to intensely metallic if desired. I liked to pick up product on a tapered highlighting brush and gently swirl the brush on the underside of the lid, which helped to evenly distribute the product on my brush.
They wore between seven and eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder swatches.
Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891). May Contain (+/-): Silica, Carmine.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.