Anastasia Clover Liquid Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.11 fl. oz.) is a medium-dark, grayish purple with cool undertones and a flat, matte finish. It did seem to lighten on my lips compared to swatched, and it looked quite different swatched/applied compared to how it appeared in the tube! It makes me think that it will look a little different across skin tones and undertones. The liquid lipstick was richly pigmented with full coverage in a single layer, and the color spread evenly across the lips without streaking. It dried down with enough time to spread the product but not have to sit around waiting for it dry over an hour. This shade wore well for seven hours and was slightly drying after five hours of wear.
The Liquid Lipstick is supposed to be an “ultra-saturated” formula that gives opaque coverage in “one swipe” that “stays put for hours.” I think the formula has improved over time, as some of the initial shades I tried were more problematic, but a lot of the newer shades have applied more evenly, been more opaque, and haven’t been quite as drying. The majority of shades are semi-opaque to opaque in a single layer, dry down evenly, and stay on for at least six hours, if not well beyond eight hours. I personally find most shades to be lightly to moderately drying over time.
Anastasia Requiem Liquid Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.11 fl. oz.) is a deep, bluish teal with fine pearl. The finish of this after it had dried down was still lightly tacky, and it was unlike any shade I’ve tried in the formula, so it might be due to the metallic finish (also a first for me in this range). It was thinner than usual, but it was still nearly opaque in coverage and applied fairly well. There was room for improvement, as there were a couple of areas that did not seem to be as opaque as other areas. It did sit well on the lips and didn’t “crack” when I smiled. The color wore well for over seven hours, though it started to feel drying after five hours of wear. However, I felt like this shade was more prone to breaking down with a solid meal compared to other shades in the same fomrula.
- MAC Young Attitude (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Kaleidos Agave (P, $12.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Ciate Siren (P, $19.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Getty (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, lighter, glossier (80% similar).
- Maybelline Smoky Jade (P, $7.49) is less shimmery, more muted (85% similar).
- ColourPop Dr. M (P, $6.50) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (80% similar).
- Makeup Geek Twerk (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (80% similar).
- Too Faced Blue You Away (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (80% similar).
- Sephora Audacious Emerald (60) (P, $14.00) is lighter, brighter (80% similar).