MAC Peacocky: Overall Review & Recommendations
MAC Peacocky: Overall Review & Recommendations
OVERALL, I was really impressed by the texture of the Mega Metal Eyeshadows, so much so that I gave them my highest grade. There is a reason why I don’t give out many A or A+ grades, and I think that it how it should be–these grades should be reserved for extraordinary products and ones that really knock it out of the park. The texture is smooth, buttery (almost creamy, but it is for sure a powder), and blends like a dream. Excellent color pay off, and these can be used wet or dry (without leaving any “wet” spots behind). I have several of these on my must-have list, but please understand that the formula is what makes them must-haves, and so when it comes to colors, it is really more about what colors you want.
I couldn’t think of anything wrong with these, and even though they are more expensive than the smaller MAC eyeshadows, these are over double the size–a tremendous value. But you must consider value vs. price; just because you get a lot of product doesn’t mean you’ll ever use it all, so then price should be more important than whether you get a truck load or a thimble full!
Of course, personally, I prefer uniformity, and love that I can depot my single eyeshadows and put them into palettes to save space. These are too big for the eyeshadow palettes but too small for the blush palettes. You can remove the insert on the MAC palettes, however, or use other brand’s empty palettes. They are similar in size to the Tartan Tale eyeshadows, mineralize eyeshadows, and Cream Colour Bases.
The Kissable Lipcolours are nice–the lighter shades, like Super, seem to fade faster (about three to four hours of wear, but quicker if you eat/drink), while the darker shades, like Scandelicious, last six to eight hours and can make it through eating/drinking. They’re lightweight, comfortable to wear, and don’t dry out lips at all. They have MAC’s signature vanilla scent, and nearly all of them are opaque with others being semi-opaque. I’m just not impressed with their $18 price tag.
Photos, Reviews, Swatches
- Mega Metal Eyeshadows (Part 1) (Centre Stage, Dalliance, Dandizette, Ego, Mating Call)
- Mega Metal Eyeshadows (Part 2) (Noir Plum, Odalisque, Paparazz-she, Peek-at-You, Prance)
- Mega Metal Eyeshadows (Part 3) (Sex-pectations, Spectacle of Yourself, Top of the Posh, Tweet Me, Unflappable)
- Mega Metal Eyeshadow Dupes & Comparisons (Part 2)
- Kissable Lipcolour (Part 1) (Enchantee, Exxxhibitionist, Flaunting It, Love Peck)
- Kissable Lipcolour (Part 2) (Peacocky, Scandelicious, So Vain, Strut Your Stuff)
- Kissable Lipcolour (Part 3) (Super, Temper Tantra, Vanity Fair, Woo Me)
- Kissable Lipcolour Dupes & Comparisons (Part 2)
Check out my recommendations, what to skip, and recommendations by skin tone!
Must-Haves: Kissable Lipcolour in Flaunting It, So Vain; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Centre Stage, Dalliance, Noir Plum, Odalisque, Paparazz-she, Unflappable
Nice-to-Haves: Kissable Lipcolour in Exxxhibitionist, Love Peck, Scandelicious; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Mating Call, Prance, Sex-pectations, Spectacle of Yourself, Top of the Posh,Tweet Me
Skip: Kissable Lipcolour in Vanity Fair (too streaky)
Check your stash for…
Nothing — everything in this collection is a brand new shade/product, so there are no repromotes of past limited edition or permanent shades.
Skip if you have…
- Skip DANDIZETTE if you have URBAN DECAY GODDESS; Goddess is just slightly bluer.
- Skip MATING CALL if you have FASHION GROUPIE; especially if you also have Lotusland, because Mating Call is essentially a cross between the two–it is just a shade lighter than Fashion Groupie.
- Skip ODALISQUE if you have STRIKE A POSE (limited edition); Strike a Pose is slightly darker and tealer, but it is the closest in color that I found.
- Skip PEEK-AT-YOU if you have SOFT FORCE (limited edition); Soft Force is slightly darker (not even really a full shade darker), but the two are very similar.
- Skip SPECTACLE OF YOURSELF if you have ANTIQUED or GLAMOUR CHECK; Antiqued is ever so slightly warmer, Glamour Check ever so slightly redder–these are very, very similar.
- Skip TWEET ME if you have MELON PIGMENT; Melon pigment just has a stronger, more metallic finish.
- Skip UNFLAPPABLE if you have SMUT; unless you’re looking for a more complex brown-based shade, as Unflappable has more of a plumminess to it that Smut doesn’t have at all.
- Skip EXXXHIBITIONIST if you have VIVA GLAM CYNDI LIPGLASS (limited edition) or VEGAS VOLT LIPSTICK; Cyndi is slightly less orange, while Vegas Volt is slightly lighter.
- Skip LOVE PECK if you have DARK SIDE LIPSTICK; they are very similar in color; Love Peck is a bit darker and obviously glossier.
- Skip SCANDELICIOUS if you have NARS STRAWBERRY FIELDS or KORRES #54; Strawberry Fields is touch darker and sheerer, while #54 is redder.
- Skip STRUT YOUR STUFF if you have KORRES #56; #56 is more of a true red.
- Skip SUPER if you have KORRES #30; #30 is just a little less brown.
- Skip WOO ME if you have CHERISH LIPSTICK or HUG ME LIPSTICK; Cherish is a little darker, while Hug Me is closer but sheerer.
Recommendations by Skin Tone
Please note that this section is merely suggesting shades that would complement a particular skin tone better than other shades, but these lists are meant to be rather exhaustive of the entire collection; it’s not reflective of must-haves for your skin tone. When it comes to cooler/warmer skin tones, these are products that lean noticeably cool/warm and therefore complement the corresponding skin tone better (but it does not mean you can’t wear a warmer product if you’re cooler!).
- Light skin tones: Kissable Lipcolours in Enchantee, Flaunting It, Love Peck, Scandelicious, So Vain, Super, Vanity Fair, Woo Me; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Centre Stage, Dalliance, Dandizette, Noir Plum, Peek-at-You, Prance, Top of the Posh, Unflappable
- Medium skin tones: Kissable Lipcolours in Exxxhibitionist, Scandelicious, So Vain, Strut Your Stuff, Super, Woo Me; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Centre Stage, Dalliance, Ego, Odalisque, Paparazz-she, Sex-pectations, Tweet Me
- Dark skin tones: Kissable Lipcolours in Love Peck, Scandelicious, Strut Your Stuff, Temper Tantra; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Centre Stage, Paparazz-she, Sex-pectations
- Cool undertones: Kissable Lipcolours in Enchantee, Flaunting It, Scandelicious, Super, Vanity Fair; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Dandizette, Mating Call, Odalisque, Prance, Unflappable
- Warm undertones: Kissable Lipcolours in Exxxhibitionist, So Vain, Super, Woo Me; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Ego, Paparazz-she, Sex-pectations, Spectacle of Yourself, Tweet Me
- Universally Flattering Shades: Kissable Lipcolours in Flaunting It, Love Peck, Scandelicious, Woo Me; Mega Metal Eyeshadows in Centre Stage, Dalliance, Noir Plum, Top of the Posh