MAC Peacocky: Mega Metal Eyeshadow Dupes & Comparisons, Part 1
I’ve split the Mega Metal Eyeshadows into two parts for dupes and comparisons, and then I will also do the Kissable Lipcolours (also in two parts) so no post is overwhelming! It’s always amazing how things are not as easily duped as one would think. When compared next to each other, the nuances of each shade gets diminished or more noticeable, depending on what else is swatched nearby. Whether any of these is really dupable depends on how close is close enough for you.
- CENTRE STAGE is richer and warmer than Urban Decay Twice Baked, while it is significantly darker than Urban Decay Smog. It is darker and more of a chocolate brown in comparison to Bronze. Buckwheat looks like a sheer, lighter imitation (not comparable!). Twinks has too much red in it, while Sable looks more taupe in comparison. Urban Decay Darkhorse has a stronger green-tinged gold pull. I think Chocolate Brown pigment would be the closest dupe, but I do not own it to do a swatch comparison.
- DALLIANCE is closest to Urban Decay Maui Wowie, which is still a few shades darker and more golden, while Patina is too brown and Retrospeck is far too golden. Bobbi Brown Pewter is a lot cooler-toned and much darker. Warming Trend is warmer, a little more orange, while Summer Neutral is more of an antique gold. Rye is a darker variation on Summer Neutral, so it doesn’t compare to Dalliance, and neither does Smoke & Diamonds.
- DANDIZETTE is most similar to Urban Decay Goddess, which is slightly purple-toned in comparison. Deep Truth is brighter and bluer, while
Blue Storm is a less intense version of Deep Truth and Blue Flame is bluer and cooler-toned.
- EGO is closest to Bobbi Brown Bash, but the latter is more of a yellow green. Similarly Humid is a yellower green than Bash, so it’s much yellower than Ego. Oomph looks like a dirty, muddy green mess next to Ego. One-off is a much brighter, cooler green.
- MATING CALL is closest to Lotusland, which is noticeably lighter; similarly Fashion Groupie is slightly darker. Dame’s Desire is a brighter, cooler-toned purple, while Stars ‘n Rockets is a lot pinker.
- NOIR PLUM is most similar to Urban Decay Mayhem which is a little lighter and more iridescent. Marvel has a stronger red undertone, while Violet pigment is much lighter. Grape pigment is more intense, red-toned, and a touch darker.
UD Twice Baked, UD Smog, Centre Stage, Bronze, Buckwheat
Buckwheat, Twinks, Sable, Centre Stage, UD Darkhorse
Retrospeck, Patina, Bobbi Brown Pewter, Dalliance, UD Maui Wowie
Dalliance, UD Maui Wowie, Warming Trend, Summer Neutral, Rye, Smoke & Diamonds
Dandizette, Deep Truth, UD Goddess, Blue Storm, Blue Flame, Dandizette
Oomph, Ego, Bobbi Brown Bash, Humid, One-off, Ego
Dame’s Desire, Mating Call, Lotusland, Fashion Groupie, Stars ‘n Rockets
Marvel, Violet pigment, Noir Plum, Grape pigment, UD Mayhem