Corail Rive Gauche
YSL Corail Rive Gauche Couture Blush ($42.00 for 0.11 oz. ) is a soft coral with warm undertones and a golden sheen. The texture was incredibly stiff to the touch, which made it difficult to pick up product on a brush (even with fingertips!) and apply to skin. It was harder to blend and apply the color wet as it seemed not to transfer much from brush to skin. I scraped off layers of product using the end of the brush (the handle part, not the brush head!) to get it to show up on my cheeks. It’s a shame as the finish was luminous with faint micro-sparkle and fine pearl, so it looked nice once I managed to get enough pigment onto my cheeks and worked at it to buff out the edges. It lasted for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Apricot in the Act (Blush) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Zip (LE, $10.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Sippin' on Stars (LE, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Oh My, Passion! (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Soft Peach (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Low Key (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Essence Satin Coral (P, $2.99) is brighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Voyage de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Vu (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$42.00/0.11 oz. - $381.82 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "sheer, soft color" when used dry and more intense "color impact" when used wet. It is supposed to be "silky-smooth" and "weightless." Unfortunately, the shade I bought to try was stiff and difficult to apply and blend out as very little product picked up on a brush (even denser brushes with a heavier hand). It was actually worse when I tried using it with a dampened brush as this resulted in less product transferring to my skin; what little product transferred wouldn't blend out easily along the edges at all. The pigmentation was sheerer, as described, and it did intensify when used wet, but it wasn't silky-smooth. It lasted for eight hours on me.
Browse all of our YSL Couture Blush swatches.