Wet ‘n’ Wild Royal Calyx MegaGlo Highlighting Powder ($4.99 for 0.19 oz.) is a light-medium lavender with cool undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish. There were larger sparkles within this shade compared to others within the range, and there was some emphasis of my skin’s natural texture when applied at semi-opaque coverage or greater.
The formula is supposed to be “highly pigmented” with a “silky smooth” texture that is “easy-to-blend.” It had a slightly drier, looser texture compared to the other shades in the line-up, which might have been due to the larger sparkles in it. It had semi-opaque pigmentation, which was buildable to mostly opaque coverage with two to three layers. For me, the color applied decently but took more effort to diffuse and blend out on the cheeks, though it was achievable without using every trick in the book. The highlighter lasted for just over eight hours on my cheeks before turning patchy.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sleek MakeUP Hemisphere (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Poor Unfortunate Souls (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Rocket Science (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Guerlain Holographic (Right) (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Big Tough Girl (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Lavender Dreams (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Obsession (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 5 Frozen Purple (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Arctic Glow (LE, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Ultraviolet #1 (LE, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
$4.99/0.19 oz. - $26.26 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “highly pigmented” with a “silky smooth” texture that is “easy-to-blend.” The shades ranged from semi-opaque to opaque typically with smooth, denser textures that weren't stiff or difficult to work with. A couple of shades seemed a touch drier in the pan but did not appear dry on my skin usually. They blended out nicely and lasted around eight hours on average.
Browse all of our Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Ethyl Macadamiate, Polysorbate 20, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Water/Eau, Silica, o-Cymen-5-ol, Polyacrylamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopherol, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Mica, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine/CI 75470, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.