Rose in Peace
Wet ‘n’ Wild Rose in Peace Color Icon Crème Blush ($4.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a medium-dark berry with cool undertones and a natural sheen. It’s supposed to have “pH-activated ingredients that adjust to each person for a unique custom color,” though they describe it as a “flushed berry color.” Initially, it has more of a blackberry appearance–a purplish black with a pinker edge–that developed to a true berry on my skin within a couple of minutes.
It had buildable pigmentation up to medium coverage (it just started to be physically too much product trying to build beyond that) with a thin, emollient texture that had an oily slip to it, but it didn’t seem to slide around on my skin or lift away base products. It applied easily patted onto my cheeks and blended out with fingertips or a stippling brush. There was a dewy sheen that was present for most of the eight hours it lasted for. There was a faint, soapy rose scent but I wasn’t able to detect it once applied. I didn’t notice that there was any leftover stain at the end of the day on my cheeks, but it did stain my arm quite a bit (very quickly).
- Tom Ford Beauty Sublimate (Shade) (LE, ) is warmer (85% similar).
- Patrick Ta Oh She's Different (Crème) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Biscotti (P, $24.00) is more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Here You Go (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Glossier Haze (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, darker, brighter (80% similar).
- ColourPop New Lowes (LE, $8.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (80% similar).
It’s infusion of a blend of natural butters and oils provides a creamy texture allowing it to blend smoothly onto the skin. A little goes a long way with this buildable and pigment-rich formula.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.