Golden Flower Crown
Wet ‘n’ Wild Golden Flower Crown MegaGlo Highlighting Powder ($4.99 for 0.19 oz.) is medium gold with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. The finish was very reflective, and it was slightly emphasizing of my skin’s natural texture at higher coverage levels.
The formula is supposed to be “highly pigmented” with a “silky smooth” texture that is “easy-to-blend.” The powder had a soft, lightly dusty texture in the pan that felt drier but was not difficult to use or to apply to the skin. It blended out beautifully on the skin, while the color adhered evenly and stayed on well for eight hours. It had semi-opaque as it had a tendency to sheer out a bit after initial application due to the dryness of the powder itself but was buildable to full coverage with two layers.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Gradient Glow (P, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Bigger and Better (LE, $8.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Persona Zuma (P, $24.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Topaz Flashes Gilt (LE, $34.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Glow (Original) (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora Jubilant (21) (P, $14.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Whimsical (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Shiseido Solar Haze (05) (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Illamasqua Rush (P, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Tribulation (LE, $30.00) is lighter (95% similar).
$4.99/0.19 oz. - $26.26 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “highly pigmented” with a “silky smooth” texture that is “easy-to-blend.” The shades ranged from semi-opaque to opaque typically with smooth, denser textures that weren't stiff or difficult to work with. A couple of shades seemed a touch drier in the pan but did not appear dry on my skin usually. They blended out nicely and lasted around eight hours on average.
Browse all of our Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Ethyl Macadamiate, Polysorbate 20, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Water/Eau, Silica, o-Cymen-5-ol, Polyacrylamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopherol, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Mica, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine/CI 75470, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.