UD x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette
We have a thing for strong, independent women. And if they dig makeup, even better. So it should come as no surprise that: A) we’re big fans of Gwen Stefani and B) we’ve been dying to collaborate with her for years.
Urban Decay introduces the limited-edition UD | Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette—a true creative partnership and design collaboration. We spent countless hours at Gwen’s house, talking makeup and working with her on EVERY detail of this palette—from the case to the amazing shades. We carefully crafted the shadows with Gwen, filling a void by creating the exact shades she always wished she had in her collection. The makeup fanatic in Gwen had a hard time narrowing down her favorites. In the end, we loaded this palette with her 15 must-have shades of Eyeshadow (12 are NEW, and three are from the UD shadow collection). With an insane range of neutrals and a few jewel tones to mix things up, this is Gwen’s go-to kit to achieve her most iconic looks. And with these shades in your arsenal, you’ll have everything you need to recreate those signature looks for yourself.
We’ve been into Gwen’s music ever since she first hit the airwaves—which, coincidentally, was right around the same time that Wende cofounded Urban Decay. (Fun fact: Gwen and Wende actually met back in the early days of No Doubt and UD.) Like us, Gwen has a history of breaking down barriers and hails from Orange County, California. Wende says, “Gwen inspired me so much when I was first beginning Urban Decay. There I was in my little Laguna Beach cottage in Orange County, and here’s this amazing Orange County girl that’s busting out with this ‘I’m Just a Girl’ song and really making me feel like, gosh, I could do this.” Gwen says, “When Urban Decay came to me to collaborate, I immediately thought it was a perfect match. The way they’ve built their company is very similar to my aesthetic and approach. It’s about self-expression, being passionate and being clear about your vision and who you are. I love that they celebrate strong women and creatively go outside of the box.”
When we say Gwen collaborated with us on every detail of this palette, we mean it—right down to the case, which was inspired by her love of black-and-white graphic prints and antique gold accents. Even the pop of hot pink we used (inside the box and the case) was Gwen’s idea. She also handpicked most of the shade names, which
were inspired by her songs. There’s also a nod to the No Doubt song “Magic’s in the Makeup” on the palette’s huge mirror.
UD x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette, $58.00 (Limited Edition)
- Blonde (Because Gwen is) Pale beige with pink iridescent shift
- Bathwater (A No Doubt song) Pale beige with gold pearl
- Skimp (A favorite of Gwen’s from the UD line) Pale nude satin
- Steady (After the No Doubt album “Rock Steady”) Medium rose with metallic gold shift
- Punk (Music genre Gwen got started in) Reddish brown matte
- Baby (An homage to her fashion line L.A.M.B.) Cool metallic rose
- Ananheim (Where Gwen grew up) Light taupe-brown matte
- Stark (Another of Gwen’s favorite shades) Nude-pink matte
- Zone (After the song “Danger Zone”) Medium brown matte
- Serious (Another of Gwen’s songs) Smoky gray with iridescent floating pearl
- Pop (Like her current music) Pale coral with iridescent sparkle
- Harajuku (One of her style influences) Metallic blue-pink with iridescent micro-shimmer
- Danger (Because we like a little danger) Deep metallic royal blue with blue micro-sparkle
- 1987 (The year No Doubt formed) Bright metallic yellow-gold
- Blackout (Gwen’s favorite black shade) Blackest black matte