Tom Ford Frantic Pink Cheek Color ($60.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light-medium pink with warm undertones and pale gold shimmer. Of all the shades between the old and new formulas, this had the least change to it (see comparison here), as it just seemed to be less shimmery and perhaps brighter. It had good pigmentation, though just shy of full coverage, which some may like but did not seem as buildable as described. The texture was soft enough that it was blendable and more forgiving for sheering out coverage, as desired, and it sat well on the skin. This shade wore well for nine and a half hours on me.
For 2017, Tom Ford reformulated this powder blush formula, and the new formula is described as “layers of possibility, from a sexy glow to a more dramatic, color-rich look” (that sounds like “buildable”) that is supposed to apply “with the comfort of a cream.” Overall, the texture is thinner, finely-milled but drier than the original formula, and the shimmer has become finer and less apparent through many of the new-old shades. The formula was still fairly blendable to very blendable and particularly long-wearing with semi-opaque to opaque pigmentation.
- Jouer Rose Petal (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- LORAC Wavelength (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Fun Ending (LE, $24.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Spell Bound (DC, $9.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Bal (250) (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Cheeky Bugger (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Hourglass Surreal Effect (LE, $35.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Guerlain Angelic Radiance (LE, $53.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Fervor (Left) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Catrice La Vie En Rose (P, $5.99) is darker (90% similar).
Tom Ford Wicked Cheek Color ($60.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a bright, medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It is warmer and less shimmery compared to the prior formulation (see comparison here). The consistency was soft, silky, and smooth without being too powdery or too firm in the pan, though it was thinner and more powder-like to the touch than the original formula. It had mostly opaque pigmentation (less buildable as it was just pigmented) that applied well to bare skin and blended out without a lot of work. This shade wore for ten hours on me.
- NYX Peach (DC, $5.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- MAC Red Water Lily (LE, $40.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Chanel Vibration (270) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Mistress (LE, $7.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- By Terry Tan & Flash Cruise #1 (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Deco (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Milani Tea Rose (08) (P, $8.99) is less shimmery, brighter (95% similar).
- theBalm Houndstooth (P, $22.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Sephora Love Sick (22) (P, $14.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Irreplaceable (LE, $29.00) is darker, more muted (95% similar).