Sydney Grace Time Stops Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, medium pink with moderate warm undertones and a satin finish. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer to the point where I’d advise using a lighter hand to pick up product initially and building up as necessary (to avoid over-applying–it is always easier to add more than to take it away!).
The texture was soft, lightly powdery in the pan but blendable and easy to work with on bare skin or over foundation. I noticed the color darkened about half a shade to a full shade when layered over bare skin, so you’ll want to apply over more matte or just-set-with-powder skin to get truer-to-pan color. It lasted well for nine hours before fading visibly on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Physicians Formula Rosy Pink (P, $12.99) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coast to Coast (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Mauve Delight (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B206 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Fleurtatious (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Jouer Rose Petal (LE, ) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Smith and Cult Cool Pink (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Divine Rose (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- LORAC Tinge (PiP, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.