Sydney Grace Royal Gold Highlighter ($12.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a metallic sheen. It was incredibly pigmented to the point where a little went a long way, and a lighter hand is highly recommended. The consistency was smooth, creamy, and dense without being stiff, though a moderately dense brush (like a tapered highlighting brush) worked best with this shade (over a fan brush or something in that vein). The powder blended out seamlessly on my skin, but it did emphasize my skin’s natural texture when worn at semi-opaque or greater coverage. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- L'Oreal Golden (P, $12.99) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced You Light Up My Life (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Centre of Attention (Inner) (LE, $34.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Trophy Wife (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Boss (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Apricot in the Act (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Trophy Wife (P, $36.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Rise (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Guerlain Electric Look #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- UOMA Beauty Zamunda Sun (LE, ) is darker, more muted (85% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin.
I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.