Sydney Grace Picture Perfect Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a medium, coppery bronze with strong, warm undertones and a bright, metallic finish. It had an intense glow that was both highly-reflective as well as shimmery, and it seemed to emphasize my skin’s natural texture just a smidge when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage.
The texture was smooth, creamy, and dense without being too-firmly pressed into the pan, so it still picked up well with less-dense, more typical highlighter brushes. It had rich pigmentation in a single layer, so a lighter hand would likely be the way to go initially and build up as necessary. The powder applied evenly and blended out with little effort on my skin. There was fading present after nine hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- UOMA Beauty Barbados (LE, $35.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Your Treat (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 12 Copper (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Desert (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Aruba (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Losing Sleep (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- JD Glow Gabrielle (P, $16.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit Ray (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mo' Hunny (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Bronzed Radiance (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin. I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
Mica, ((+/-Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))