Sydney Grace Morning Glory Highlighter ($12.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a medium, rosy copper with soft, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It was intensely pigmented where a little went a long way, but the softer, lightly creamy texture made it easy to pick up more or less product as desired. The powder applied evenly to bare skin and buffed out easily along the edges, and I noticed that the base color came through more prominently as I blended out the powder and the shimmer seemed to come through on the higher points of my face–almost as if I applied a highlighter and a blush separately. It wore nicely for eight and a half hours on me before it faded a touch.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Andalasia (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Bathe (LE, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte NYE (LE, $28.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Charleston (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- JD Glow Essence (P, $16.50) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Temptation (LE, $45.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Champagne Gold (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Into Eternity (LE, $36.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Lancome Rose Twinkle #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Allegro (P, $9.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin.
I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.