St. Patricks Day Makeup: Green-a-palooza!
Happy St. Patricks Day! 🙂 Here’s a wicked-to-the-bone green look for ya! What’s everyone doing to celebrate? Oh, by the way? Glitter doesn’t show up nearly as fun in the photos as it was in person. I put the glitter on my lashes, lower lash line, and upper lash line and it reflected so prettily… I was like, “OOH!!” but then I was cropping the photos to post and was less ooh-ahh about it.
Mellan also wanted to wish you good day…
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (eyeshadow base), MAC True Chartreuse Pigment (matte chartreuse), MAC Sunny Spot Eyeshadow (satin chartreuse), Urban Decay Graffiti Eyeshadow (bright grass green), Urban Decay Chronic EyeshadowMAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow (matte light green), (green-gold), Urban Decay Acid Rain Liquid Liner (chatreuse), Urban Decay Mullet Glitter Eye Liner (green), Urban Decay Graffiti 24/7 Liner (green), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Cheeks: MAC Refined Golden Bronzer (bronzer), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronze highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Crosswires Lipstick (coral), MAC Instant Gold Lustreglass (gold shimmer)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (tapered blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Primer Potion as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply True Chartreuse pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Sunny Spot eyeshadow on the middle of the eyelid. Next, apply Chronic eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the middle. Darken the outer third of the lid with Graffiti eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Graffiti eyeshadow, with the 239, into the crease. Lightly tap and brush Sunny Spot eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. On the upper lash line, apply Acid Rain liquid liner and then overlay with Mullet glitter eyeliner for sparkle. Bring everything together by applying Graffiti eyeliner on the lower lash line and Sunny Spot eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush then overlay with Mullet glitter eyeliner. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Refined Golden bronzer to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheekbones with Amber Diamond skin shimmer with the 165.
For lips, apply Crosswires lipstick first, and then layer Instant Gold lustreglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!