Smith and Cult Cool Plum Flash Flush Powder Blush ($24.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark plum with warm, red undertones and a luminous sheen. It had rich pigmentation in a single layer–a little went a long way, which was a “con” as the formula was supposed to be buildable–with a slightly drier, thinner consistency, but it seemed to apply just fine and sat well on my skin. I felt like the warmer, reddish tones came out quite a bit when blended out on my skin, so if the cooler overtone drew you in, you may find it lacking in practice. The color blended out well and was easy to work with. It lasted nicely for seven and a half hours before fading noticeably.
- Stila Berry Shimmer (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Burberry Silk and Bloom (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Anastasia Exotic (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Pomegranate (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Wrapped Candy (P, $27.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Ferocious (LE, $30.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Dior Dolce Vita (555) (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, more muted (80% similar).
$24.00/0.07 oz. - $342.86 Per Ounce
The powder blush is supposed to be "weightless" with a "buildable formula and subtle sheer finish." They have a fairly smooth consistency, though they are a little drier and dustier, and blended out without too much effort. The pigmentation ranged from semi-opaque to opaque; it's not a truly buildable formula, though one could use a lighter hand or more feathery brush to pick up less product and get more buildable coverage that way (as is true with most pigmented formulas).
The finish was more luminous and glowing rather than metallic or frosted, so the powder sat well on my skin without emphasizing texture. They lasted between seven and eight hours on me before fading.
Worth noting, they are only 0.07 oz. each, which is quite small for a blush--it's actually the size of some eyeshadows!
Browse all of our Smith and Cult Flash Flush Powder Blush swatches.
Isododecane, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Mica. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).