Sephora Fascinated Colorful Blush Review & Swatches
Sephora Trust Yourself Colorful Blush ($14.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a brighter, medium-dark pink-leaning coral with a satin finish.
- Semi-sheer, buildable coverage
- Drier, almost chalky-feel, firmer in the pan
- Picked up decently with a brush, blended out without much effort
- Looked flatter/slightly dry on skin
- Prone to fading (six and a half hours of good wear, faded faster than typical for powder blushes)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Victoria Beckham Beauty Major (P, $42.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Picnic Time (LE, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Milani Coral Crush (P, $8.99) is darker (95% similar).
- ILIA Temptation (P, $32.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop 25/8 (P, $8.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Phytosurgence Simmer (P, $17.07) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Playoffs (LE, $10.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Nude Venus (P, $38.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Showdown (LE, $30.00) is darker (90% similar).
$14.00/0.12 oz. - $116.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "superfine texture" with "buildable" coverage that is available in both matte and shimmer finishes. The consistency was thinner and almost chalk-like compared to the prior formula, and while I think it applied and looked better on my skin than it looked, the matte shades were quite flat on skin and would benefit from an additional product to breathe life back into the skin.
The pigmentation ranged from shade to shade but was typically medium and buildable, which was reinforced by the texture itself being a bit firmer overall. I tested eight of the 13 shades I purchased for wear, and they lasted six to seven hours on me, which is shorter than typical for powder blush on my normal-to-dry skin. I would describe the wear as more prone to fading, and they seemed to disappear faster than most blushes (even as they did fade evenly).
Browse all of our Sephora Colorful Blush swatches.
Mica, Kaolin, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Magnesium Myristate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, C13-15 Alkane, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tin Oxide, CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
This shade is so pretty! Shame they goofed the formula.
I’ll just stick with Nars Fetishized for when I want a nearly neon coral cheek! This one here just looks so 80’s, but in a bad way.