rms beauty Midnight Hour Luminizing Powder ($38.00 for 0.52 oz.) is a medium-dark, peachy gold with warm undertones and a luminous, lightly shiny finish. The powder had a smooth, cream-like feel to it–silky, lightweight, and thin without being dry or powdery. It had high coverage that applied evenly and blended out easily (so it could also be applied sheerer if desired). The powder sat well on my skin without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture, and it had a particularly smooth, almost “melted” look after blended out. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Wet 'n' Wild Golden Flower Crown (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Sunstone (LE, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Always One Jump Ahead (LE, $35.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Fearless (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Maybelline Molten Gold (P, $9.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Oh, Darling! (P, $37.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Sephora Dawn (P, $16.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Coucher de Soleil I (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Goddess Glow (P, $5.99) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$38.00/0.52 oz. - $73.08 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "silky smooth, moisturizing, [and] luminizing." The three shades that it comes in were consistent: very pigmented, creamy and smooth to the touch, and lasted between eight and nine hours. The texture was thinner and firmer, as there was no powderiness, but it was yielding and easy to pick up with a brush. The powders applied evenly to bare skin, blended out easily, and never emphasized my skin's natural texture.
Browse all of our rms beauty Luminizing Powder swatches.
Mica, Zinc Stearate, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit (Buriti) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Tocopherol (non-GMO), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.